A romantic hero no doubt but the movies of Rajesh Khanna brought some of the best sad songs. Not only did the movies of Rajesh Khanna rock the audience but the songs from those movies are also known as some of the most memorable ones that Indian Film Industry could ever produce. Rajesh Khanna was the first superstar that the Indian Film Industry ever saw. Here is a list of a few such songs: -
1. Wo sham kucch ajeeb thi, ye sham bhi ajeeb hai
2. Akele hain chale aao, jaha ho
3. Kahin door jab din dhal jaaye
5. Chingari Koi Bhadke
6. Zindagi ke safar mein guzar jaate hain jo mukam
7. Zindagi ka safar hai ye kaisa safar
8. Main shayar badnaam
9. Ye kya hua, kaise hua
10. Khiza ke phool mein aati kabhi bahaar nahi
11. Nafrat ki duniya ko cchod kar pyaar ki duniya mein
12. Jis gali mein tera ghar na ho balma (though not exactly a sad song)
Sad Songs have their own magic. I love sad songs because they have the ability to take the listener into the world of fantasy. Also, sad songs often have an element of Indian Classical Music. Though the songs of Rajesh Khanna were sung by Mukesh and Mohammed Rafi also, yet majority of songs filmed on Rajesh Khanna were sung by Kishore Kumar.
The expressions of Rajesh Khanna and the voice of Kishore Kumar created such a magic that it would be difficult for the listener to differentiate whether the singer is another person as it feels sometimes in other songs when the acting overpowers the singing or vice versa (example aaina mujhse meri pehli si surat maange from the movie Daddy, where Anupam Kher’s brilliant performance just leaves the singer behind).