It is late to write the review of the movie Oh My God, yet I dare to bring this movie review because of what I have been hearing in the society about Paresh Rawal and Akshay Kumar starrer Oh My God. The first question a movie review should answer is ‘Whether I should watch Oh My God’. The answer is yes. You should watch Oh My God, but when you go for Oh My God, have a critical view and you will find out the following: -
1) The movie (Oh My God) is not boring for even a second.
2) PareshRawal is the highlight of the movie. None but Paresh Rawal has the dialogues. Great actors like Mahesh Manjareker and Mithun were completely wasted.
3) This was the bad thing about Oh My God. The movie was completely one sided. Oh My God. Only Paresh Rawal was speaking.
4) The movie stays in the court room for maximum time where the opposition had least points even when the case was going out of point. The case was not about what people do in the temples but who cares. People loved what Paresh Rawal speaks about them all.
5) It was not bad when Kanjibhai (Paresh Rawal) would cheat people but suddenly all the religeons and the insurance companies become bad when he was cheated (well not actually as the insurance companies most of the
6) It is true whatever happens in the name of religion is not all good but not everything about religion is wrong. Breaking God’s idols, rejecting the idea of temples and just keeping the God at heart is practically not religious. You have to have a medium that is why every religion has the idols (Moorti). (Well this is not the place to go spiritual so I better stop here).
Everyone is praising the Akshay Kumar, Paresh Rawal and Mithun starrer movie Oh My God with the basic message of not to be God fearing. Role of Paresh Rawal is what everyone is talking about in the movie. Someone said that Akshay has wasted himself in the movie. I don’t go for what others say about Oh My God, the most talked about movie this week.
In short Oh My God is a good movie but it could have been better if the other actors had some equally powerful roles for example Sidheshwar Maharaj does nothing but to frustrate in the movie. If the hero has everything to do then what are the villains for?