The rise in interest of public towards being vegetarian is not a secret anymore. With the popularity of yoga and meditation there has been blowing a wind of change from non-veg food to veg food. Are there any benefits to being veggie? Have a closer look at 10 reasons why being vegetarian is more beneficial than the other alternative: -
1) Vegetables have all that is there in the flesh with taste. The variety of vegetable cuisines is increasing day by day. Earlier the experiments were performed with non-vegetarian options but now there are the newest items in the vegetable itemsas well. Variety of fruit salads, vegetable salad, Indian cuisines are there to go for.
2) To digest a vegetarian food requires lesser energy and efforts for our digestive system to digest. Thus the consumption of veg food ensures that the digestive system is healthier and so is the person.
3) Not every meat is good for health. The taste is good since it requires lot of oil, spices or butter but with increased amount of fat and cholesterol it is poor for health. Only sea food is better and protein rich, the rest for example beef, pork etc. is more for taste and fat.
4) The animal that is served on the table could have been infected earlier. The infectious bacteria don’t die sometimes even after deep frying. The internal organs of the animals areconsidered tastier and this being the place for bacteria there might be a risk to eat them.
5) There tends to be a disturbance in the food chain. There are some animals/birds that are tastier. This results in greater consumption consequently leading to artificial culture.
6) Unsaturated fat and cholesterol is greater in meat than the vegetarian food that blocks the blood vessels of the consumer which could cause them blood pressure and heart problems.
7) Fruits, vegetables have high sugar level that helps maintain the glucose level in the body thus providing better energy and stamina. A horse can run for a full day but a tiger can’t.
8) The consumer is not always sure of the source of meat. It is not sure that he always gets to know how the animal was fed and where he used to live. The risk is hygiene related diseases.
9) Being vegetarian is cheaper. There is no explanation required for this point. Observe the market or observe the menu of a restaurant or a fast food chain. Vegetarian options are always cheaper.
10) Finally a consciousness and no guilt that an animal dies because of us. Staying healthy with nature is indeed a satisfactory achievement in life.